Georgetown Foodie Tour
- Historic neighborhood of the Georgetown neighborhood
- We stroll away from the main shopping areas off the beaten path to local neighborhood gems
- Learn about the Georgetown’s history local food commerce, and culture
- Taste, drink, and be pleasantly full
Here’s the Scoop
- Four to Five Food Portions
- Bottled Water
- Alcohol or Mocktail
- Our Insider’s Guide
- Food Tour Guide
- Historic & Architectural Sights
- Every Week: Wed-Sun
- Eatery Gratuities Included
- Tour Rain or Shine
- Located in Georgetown
- Duration: 3 – 3.5 hrs
- 2-14 Guests per Group
- Georgetown is the most iconic neighborhood of DC and is world famous!
- We stroll away from the main shopping areas of M Street and go off the beaten path to hidden neighborhood gems only the local residents know about
- Learn about Georgetown’s significant local food commerce history
- Discover the homes of Georgetown’s famous residents including that of the Kennedys and Julia Child
- Eat from unique local eateries with spectacular food and even better social missions
Extended tour description
Georgetown is a prestigious neighborhood in DC well known for being home to some of the city’s most notable residents, embassies, local commerce, and culinary gems. This is the perfect neighborhood to eat your way through! Your local expert guide will take you off of the main M Street drag where you will be surprised to learn about the significant political and cultural history of its famous residents including the Kennedy’s and the home of a world renowned Emmy award-winning chef. We will also pass by many historical sites that have been right under your nose! Along the way you will eat from eateries that have been featured on the History Channel, and many other important publications for their important social missions. This ‘eat like a local’ experience will indulge you in four to five tantalizing food samples and one wine or spritz pairing. Afterward, you’re free to explore on your own and get suggestions from our tour guide!
We provide substitutions for vegetarians and gluten-free options but we CANNOT provide substitutions for any other allergies or dietary preferences. Allergies and preferences must be indicated in advance at the time of ticket purchase. Please notify us of any allergies so we can inform you what to avoid.
Attending a food tour without eating? Well, let’s talk about that! You may want to reconsider coming, however, if you decide to attend and choose not to eat, you will still need to purchase admission.
We are glad you asked…YES!!! To schedule and/or learn more, please visit our Private Experience page and submit a Private Experience Tour Request Form. As you make your request, a member from our team will get back to you promptly.
Yes! Gift certificates make great gifts and are perfect if you don’t know the exact dates you will be joining us. To purchase or learn more about our Gift Certificates, please call (202) 838-1900 or click on our Gift Certificate’s page.
Tours on average last between 2.5 to 3.5 hours. Our Italian tour is just under two miles. The time fluctuates depending on the participants walking pace and size of the group. We walk at an easy pace and provide at least two sit-down locations on all of our tours.